APR recommends annual optical and thermal calibration of the APR-5000-XL, Scorpion and Scarab series machines. Three options are available to service the machines:
- Purchase the calibration kit(s)
- Rent the calibration kit(s)
- Purchase on-site service by an APR certified technician
Purchasing a Thermal Calibration Kit
APR Thermal Calibration Kits include everything needed to perform thermal calibrations.
Thermal calibrations are recommended annually and anytime maintenance is performed to the machine's heating elements.
Use the table below to determine the appropriate thermal calibration kit for the APR machine model to be serviced.
Purchasing an Optical Calibration Kit
APR Optical Calibration Kits are included with all APR rework machines. Replacement kits are available should the original kit get misplaced.
Optical calibrations are recommended annually and anytime maintenance is performed to the machine's camera.
Use the table below to determine the appropriate optical calibration kit for the APR machine model to be serviced.
Renting a Thermal Calibration Kit
All thermal calibration kits are available for rental for those seeking an alternative to purchasing. Use the table below to determine the appropriate thermal calibration kit for the APR machine model to be serviced.
- A formal PO is required. If the thermal calibration kit is returned within 3 weeks, APR will issue credit for the time not used. The end-user may keep the thermal calibration kit if it is not returned within 3 weeks.
- Payment for the first week must be paid in cash or credit card. Additional weeks will be paid in NET30 terms.
- The rental timer starts 1 week after the thermal calibration kit ships to allow for transit time.
- The rental timer ends once the tracking number is submitted to APR customer service. The carrier's tracking information must show product leaving the facility.
- The end-user must return the thermal calibration kit to the original Desco Industries factory location.
- The end-user is responsible for all shipping charges.
- FOB Desco Industries factory. The end-user is responsible for the product whenever it is in transit.